Friday, April 04, 2008

Excuses, Excuses

Working in a graveyard shift is quite challenging since you get to feel sleepy during work most of the time even though you had enough sleep in the morning. This usually happens to me and it seems I can't control myself being sleepy (:| just like tonight. Even listening to Flo Rida's Low on my media player doesn't give me enough assistance not to feel like drooling so I end up opening my friendster account!:P

Having a friendster account doesn't only give you the chance to meet new friends online but also getting new strategies in order to deal with some of your daily routines. I received a message from one of my online friends, "Iloilo National High School" with the subject "10 Best Excuses When You Get Caught". I thought it was about getting caught while cheating at school.
What can I say? I once got caught cheating and was sent to the guidance office when I was in high school . However, after reading the message I realized it has nothing to do with cheating. I realized that its all about the 10 Best Excuses When You Get Caught Sleeping which, is very much applicable to someone like me and all those night shifters who tend to fall asleep (hmmm...you know who you are) and get caught by their PM's and Supervisors:P. I'm not really sure if these excuses are effective but who knows? 8-}

10. "They told me at the blood bank this might happen."

9. "This is just a 15 minute power-nap like they raved about in that time management course you sent me to."

8. "Whew! Guess I left the top off the White-Out. You probably got here just in time!"

7. "I wasn't sleeping! I was meditating on the mission statement and envisioning a new paradigm."

6. "I was testing my keyboard for drool resistance."

5. "I was doing a highly specific Yoga exercise to relieve work-related stress. Are you discriminatory toward people who practice Yoga?"

4. "Why did you interrupt me? I had almost figured out a solution to our biggest problem."

3. "The coffee machine is broken..."

2. "Someone must've put decaf in the wrong pot..."

And the #1 best thing to say if you get caught sleeping at your desk...

1. " ... in Jesus' name. Amen."

1 comment: